Harley Sportster Stripping - Part 5
Life's a bitch... Thank God there's Harleys...
On 21 May 2008 we removed the primary drive chain and sprocket wheels of the Harley Ironhead Engine of our 1973 XLH Sportster.
This took some extra efforts since the rear sprocket wheel appeared to be frozen on the axle. This required some extra persuasive action (involving one air tool and quite a bit of not-to-be-repeated "power language") before we got it loose.
Ironhead primary drive before removal.
Here we are using the air tool to loosen the rear sprocket wheel.
Just for clarity, we are not wearing those plastic gloves because we are sissies. We just got tired of scrubbing for half an hour and then still showing up at work the next day with those black rimmed nails and fingers...
The air tool worked. So did our "power language", as you can see! ;-)
View on the primary drive side of the Ironhead engine housing.