S&S Super B Carburator
Life's a bitch... Thank God there's Harleys...
T made these pictures of the S&S Super B Carburator after cleaning, glass pearl blasting and rebuilding.
L&T want to keep their Oldschool Bobber as slender and narrow as possible. They therefore decided to replace the original drop shape S&S air cleaner with this smaller type which just as well prevents your trousers from being sucked into the engine at full throttle...
Glass pearl blasting or ceramic pearl blasting is a very suitable process for cleaning stainless steel and softer metals.
Ironhead Engine Assembly Steps:
- Step 1 - Engine Case Assembly
- Step 2 - Oil Pump
- Step 3 - Cam Gears and Cover
- Step 4 - Installation of Primary Chain and Sprocket Wheels
- Step 5 - Fixing of the Compensating Sprocket
- Step 6 - Clutch Unit: Parts Cleaning and Preparations
- Step 7 - Clutch Release Disc: Installation Using Spring Compression Tool
- Step 8 - Startmotor: Cleaning and Inspection
- Step 9 - Startmotor and Bendix: Install and Test
- Step 10 - Primary Cover Back in Place
- Step 11 - Main Shaft Rollerbearing
- Step 12 - Oil Seal and Sprocket