Engine #8 - Cleaning Startmotor Parts
Life's a bitch... Thank God there's Harleys...
Here's a couple of photographs that T made during cleaning and checking of the Harley Ironhead Sportster startmotor for our Oldschool Bobber.
We fully disassembled the Sportster startmotor to make sure that everything is in optimum condition.
We did not find any shortcomings and after everything was cleaned thoroughly we started putting things back together.
We had never realized that those clothes pins would come in handy one day...
After the startmotor had been re-assembled we checked if it was working. Plenty of power to get our Sportster Bobber going!
Ironhead Engine Assembly Steps:
- Step 1 - Engine Case Assembly
- Step 2 - Oil Pump
- Step 3 - Cam Gears and Cover
- Step 4 - Installation of Primary Chain and Sprocket Wheels
- Step 5 - Fixing of the Compensating Sprocket
- Step 6 - Clutch Unit: Parts Cleaning and Preparations
- Step 7 - Clutch Release Disc: Installation Using Spring Compression Tool
- Step 8 - Startmotor: Cleaning and Inspection
- Step 9 - Startmotor and Bendix: Install and Test
- Step 10 - Primary Cover Back in Place
- Step 11 - Main Shaft Rollerbearing
- Step 12 - Oil Seal and Sprocket