Bobber Battery Box
Life's a bitch... Thank God there's Harleys...
T made these pictures of the homemade battery box that L welded together from some angle bar.
Here's the custom made battery support made from angle bar and fixed to the lower rear end tubing of the Bobber.
As you can see by the neat welds, L knows how to use the new welding equipment that was recently purchased through a sponsorship by T's mother-in-law, Mrs. Finet.
(Next Bobber build may very well be a weld-on hardtail... )
The battery is fixed in place by these leather straps. At this point in time, L&T have temporarily pre-assembled the battery box to check out how things fit together. Next step is to clean and finish all individual parts of the bike.
To be continued...
Ironhead Engine Assembly Steps:
- Step 1 - Engine Case Assembly
- Step 2 - Oil Pump
- Step 3 - Cam Gears and Cover
- Step 4 - Installation of Primary Chain and Sprocket Wheels
- Step 5 - Fixing of the Compensating Sprocket
- Step 6 - Clutch Unit: Parts Cleaning and Preparations
- Step 7 - Clutch Release Disc: Installation Using Spring Compression Tool
- Step 8 - Startmotor: Cleaning and Inspection
- Step 9 - Startmotor and Bendix: Install and Test
- Step 10 - Primary Cover Back in Place
- Step 11 - Main Shaft Rollerbearing
- Step 12 - Oil Seal and Sprocket